We have heard about Obamacare taking effect soon. A lot of people aren’t too sure of how it will work or what exactly it is, but now signs of scammers are coming about. There is a huge debate over who will benefit from the Affordable Care Act and how to get it. The gray area of this health care act is vast, which means there is a huge market for scammers and con artists.
Scammers have been at it for more than a year now, and with October 1st right around the corner, this problem will become even greater. They have been calling, faxing, and emailing people, claiming to be part of the ‘Obamacare’ help staff. October 1, 2013 is when the act will give millions of uninsured Americans the use of health insurance. But everyone should know that not until October 1, can insurance be set up.
Scam artists are quick to jump into the national health care reform. These con artists are asking for your bank account number, social security number, and other personal information in order to “verify” your identity. This kind of scam is confusing and hard to spot, especially when it comes to senior citizens. They are not as informed and aware of these types of scams. All they know is Obamacare is coming and they are eligible.
Don’t Be Fooled
Thousands of people are being trained to become professional scam artists. They are learning how to professionally take you through the process for ‘applying’ for coverage to this new program. Your trust is gained from them explaining the coverage in detail and how it will affect you. Please know that you can not sign up for the Obamacare right now. You can learn more at HealthCare.gov. Also here is the phone number to contact Customer Service, 1-800-318-2596.
Here are some tips to help you spot fraud:
- There is no card of any sort associated with the health care reform.
- A Medicare card is not going to be updated nor given so don’t give personal information out.
- The Health Insurance Marketplace does not open until October 1, 2013, nothing can be bought into until then.
- Do not respond to a cold call asking for money or personal information. Even if the Caller ID says it’s from a government office.
- The enrollment period is from Oct.1 to March 31, anyone promising you a “special price for a limited time” is lying to you.
Please be aware of these Obamacare scam, this is meant to help people, but with kindness resides evil. These people are waiting around the corner for you to fall into their trap.
Obamacare is coming, and so are the scammers – Today